SIPP PROGRESS

Current Value (As at 8th November 2021) = £307,654including cash

Value at 8th November 2021 = £307,654
Target for 8th November 2022 = £359,355
Target for 31st December 2021 = £300,000
Value of SIPP at commencement of this blog on 1st August 2012 = £51,684.02.

Capital Growth is equivalent to 12.905%pa since Aug 2012 (not including monthly contributions and occasional deposits).


Wednesday 21 August 2013

Transactions 21st August 2013

This blog is simply a "diary" of the trades on my SIPP.
The intention is to detail what I've bought and sold, and provide a brief explanation as to why. You should be aware that this is not a share "tipping" site. I will make no recommendations to buy or sell shares as I am not regulated to do so by the FSA. I will simple state what I have already bought and sold personally. You should ALWAYS do your own research and come to your own decision on share trades. If you follow my trading and lose money you only have yourself to blame, and not me.

HSBC (HSBA) went ex-dividend today and has dropped 18 (or 2.50%) to 687, and I think this is too big an adjustment. The dividend is payable on 9th October and it would not be a great surprise to me if on that date we will be looking at a share price on HSBC of over 730. As such, I've decided to "take advantage" of this dip in the price and purchase another 400 shares at a cost of £2,768.85, or approx 692 per share including fees and on-costs.

I now hold over 22% of my SIPP value in HSBC shares so I am very interested in the performance of this company. I've been assessing and analysing my share purchases over the past 12 months and I'm starting to come to the thinking that for optimum performance from my SIPP that the best policy is to restrict investments to no more than 10 companies. Holding fewer investments should see a significant reduction in dealing costs, and also allow me more time to study potential investment companies.

The value of investments can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invest. It is therefore important that you understand the risks and commitments being undertaken when investing in a Pension (SIPP). This blog is not personal advice, but is a record of the authors own investments.

No comments:

Post a Comment