SIPP PROGRESS

Current Value (As at 8th November 2021) = £307,654including cash

Value at 8th November 2021 = £307,654
Target for 8th November 2022 = £359,355
Target for 31st December 2021 = £300,000
Value of SIPP at commencement of this blog on 1st August 2012 = £51,684.02.

Capital Growth is equivalent to 12.905%pa since Aug 2012 (not including monthly contributions and occasional deposits).


Tuesday 6 July 2021

SIPP on 6th July 2021

 

The SIPP is looking good as we enter the 2nd-half of 2021.

Smaller Companies (BRSC) has overperformed and is now 10.70% of the portfolio value: this is a "benchmark" holding at 10% of the portfolio.

HGT which is my "private equity" investment trust is also over performing, and is 10.80%. 

There's a couple of holdings which are under-performing: SDP (Asia/Pacific) isn't doing well, and I'm not sure if this is a buying opportunity or time to cut & run and move the funds into something else.

Chelverton UK Equity Growth is just under 10% (I'm using another quoted Chelverton fund SDV to identify the holding above), but I'm not unduly worried about this holding.  I'm more worried with my European Momentum ETF (IEFM) which appears to be going sideways.

The IT holdings GBG and KWS are well down on their 12-month highs but both have serious upside potential - so no worries there for me.

Segro (SGRO) goes from strength-to-strength and is one of the best share purchases that I've made in 10 years of managing my own pension - just wish I'd found this company earlier and had the conviction to invest more of my SIPP.

The S&P500 investment trust managed by Vanguard (VUSA) is up 9% which is tremendous considering a 3rd of my holding was purchased in mid-April just 3-months ago.

So, all looking good and I will probably just undertake a small amount of rebalancing. 

1 comment:

  1. I've trimmed European Momentum ETF (IEFM) to 10% of portfolio value, and moved the proceeds into SDP (Asia/Pacific).

    ReplyDelete